Famous People with Hemorrhoids – Who do YOU know
Almost half the population has either had hemorrhoids (also known as piles) or will have suffered with them at some stage in their life!
Unfortunately for women and men alike, the older you get the higher the chance of developing this dreadful disorder is, especially if suffering with thrombosed hemorrhoids. From truck-drivers to celebrities and famous personalities are not immune to suffering in silence.
Get more information about thrombosed hemorrhoids at HemorrhoidSorted.com.
Even the incidence in teenagers and young adults is increasing as a result of poor diets and microwave food. So without regular exercise and a good diet the chances are high for developing hemorrhoids.
Some of the Famous Hemorrhoid Sufferers
Studies reveal that there is at least 1 person each month that die as a result of untreated hemorrhoids, clinical depression, etc. One of the most famous to have lost his life to hemorrhoids was David Livingstone!
- Alfred The Great (849–899); King Alfred of Wessex uttered the wish for God inflict him with a disease to suppress lust but not rob him his ability to rule. He soon he became afflicted with hemorrhoids.
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769–1821); French Emperor's suffering was said to be so severe during the Battle of Waterloo that he couldn't sit on his horse to command his army.
- David Livingstone (1813–1873); African explorer and medical missionary suffered countless episodes of hemorrhoids. Back in 1864, he refused surgery because he was afraid of being disabled and unable to return to Africa. He is the only famous person recognized as having died as a result of hemorrhoids.
- Karl Marx (1818–1883); Prussian-German philosopher, sociologist, economist, journalist, historian and revolutionary socialist, whilst writing Das Kapital, became beset with hemorrhoids. Writing to his close friend Friedrich Engels he said, “To finish I must at least be able to sit down” adding, “I hope the bourgeoisie will remember my carbuncles.”
- Ernest Hemingway (1899–1961); American author and journalist suffered hemorrhoids as well as anthrax infection, kidney trouble, cut eyeball, a broken arm, and torn groin muscle.
- Gerald Ford (1913–2006); 38th President of the US had always been athletic but in later years he started restricting his activities as a result of suffering with hemorrhoids
- Jimmy Carter (born 1924); 39th President of the United States (1977–1981) on 1 occasion was forced to cancel his work at the White House. He underwent hemorrhoids surgery in 1982.
- Marilyn Monroe (1926–1962); Actress, model, singer, and major sex symbol, suffered from several health problems including insomnia and hemorrhoid. She kept her medical problem a secret.
- Elizabeth Taylor (1932–2011); Movie Star since a teenager had equally striking medical difficulties with persistent hemorrhoids, an emergency tracheotomy, back traction, and skin cancer to name a few.
- George Brett (1953–2012); Kansas City Royals 3rd baseman, missed part of the 1980 World Series due to hemorrhoids surgery, returning quickly to the game the following day.
- George Clooney (born 1961); American actor, film director, screenwriter, and producer, suffering hemorrhoids had a hard time protecting his medical records from the public. He never commented about it.
This is a widespread problem with different degrees of severity, fortunately there are evolutionary cures, natural techniques and remedies available that show excellent results in curing hemorrhoid without surgery quickly and once and forever.